This article was written by Rod Geppert, former SDSU Extension 4-H Livestock Show Management Coordinator.
May 1, 2013 is the deadline for youth to enroll in the South Dakota 4-H Rodeo program. To be eligible to participate in any 2013 4-H Regional Rodeo, including the 4-H Rodeo Finals, youth must be properly enrolled by the deadline.
In addition, youth must declare which events they anticipate participating in by May 1 and will not be able to participate in an event that was not declared by the deadline. Youth will not be able to add an event after the May 1 deadline.
To participate, youth must:
- Be an enrolled member in South Dakota 4-H.
- Be enrolled in the 4-H Rodeo Project.
- Provide proof of insurance to participate.
South Dakota 4-H hosts over 30 Regional 4-H Rodeos for youth to attempt to qualify for the South Dakota 4-H Rodeo Finals held at the Stanley County Fairgrounds in Fort Pierre, SD, August 16-18, 2013.
- For more information on how to enroll in the South Dakota 4-H Rodeo program, contact your County Extension Office.
- 4-H Rodeo entry and other information can also be found on the South Dakota 4-H Rodeo website.