Important Contestant Information
- South Dakota 4-H Dog Project Leader/Member Handbook
- South Dakota 4-H Dog Project ID Affidavit and Vaccination Verification
- South Dakota 4-H Dog Project Dog Agility Rule Book
Agility Rule Clarifications
- South Dakota 4-H Dog Project Dog Obedience Rule Book
4-H Dog Obedience Changes
- South Dakota 4-H Dog Project Dog Rally Rule Book
- South Dakota 4-H Dog Project Showmanship Rule Book
June 20, 2016 Update: The 4-H Dog Obedience rules have been updated and can be found in the South Dakota Dog Project Dog Obedience Rulebook. Rulebook updates reflect the changes made at the November meeting and demonstrated in the April workshop sessions held around the state. Score sheets used at county and state level events will also change to reflect the new exercises.
May 31, 2016 Update: The 91st South Dakota Legislative Session allocated $50,000 to SDSU Extension’s 4-H Youth Development program to assist with reducing or eliminating exhibit registration fees in 2016. State 4-H exhibit registration fees will be waived at the S.D. State Fair and State 4-H Dog Show. Fees will be reduced at the State 4-H Horse Show. Exhibit registration fees are only one component of a 4-H member’s participation costs; some usage or supply fees from other organizations or facilities remain.