Kenneth Olson is an associate professor at South Dakota State University and SDSU Extension beef specialist. His post with SDSU Extension allows him to use his interests in beginning rancher training, generational transitions on ranches, beef cattle production systems, and cattle nutrition and supplementation. Kenneth is certified on the American Registry of Professional Animal Scientists and is the president of the South Dakota Section of the Society for Range Management.
|SDSU Extension West River Ag Center
1905 Plaza Blvd.
Rapid City, SD 57702
- Providing programming for beef cattle producers and allied industry.
- Current programs include beefSD, a 3-year curriculum for beginning beef cattle producers, and Master Range Cattle Manager, which includes 5 self-directing learning communities of beef cattle producers.
- President of the South Dakota Section of the Society for Range Management.
- Ph.D., Range Livestock Nutrition, Utah State University
- M.S., Range Science, Montana State University
- B.S. Agriculture Education, Montana State University