Small Grain & Field Pea Crop Performance Tours
Thursday, July 6 @ 5pm (CST) | Selby, S.D.
SDSU Extension will be hosting a tour of the Small Grain Crop Performance Trials located near Selby, SD. The tour is set for July 6, 2017 at 5:00pm (CST). Attendees will have the opportunity to view field peas, winter and spring wheat, and oats varieties to see how they perform in the field.
Winter wheat, spring wheat and oat breeders will be present to guide attendees through variety plots and answer questions. A meal will also be served at 6:30pm (CST) at the Tom Fiedler Farm. The SDSU Extension Spring Wheat and Oats Variety Tour will follow the meal. This event is free and open to public.
- Turn West on the first gravel road (134th St.) South of the junction of US Highway 12 and 83 (south of Selby), travel 3 miles.
- Turn South onto 304th Ave. and go 1 mile.
- Turn West on 135th St. and travel 0.5 miles. Field pea variety trial is located on South side of big bin.
- We will travel to view winter wheat plots after peas.
Tom Fiedler Farm:
- From Selby, travel 2 miles East on SD Hwy #130.
- Turn South and travel 0.5 mile.
For more information, call the SDSU Extension Pierre Regional Center at
605.773.8120 or contact Ruth Beck.