Join SDSU Extension AmeriCorps VISTA program to make a difference in communities across South Dakota.
AmeriCorps VISTA service members will work with SDSU Extension staff to increase knowledge of and access to physical and financial health and wellness techniques in effort to bring economically disadvantaged South Dakotans out of poverty.
AmeriCorps VISTA national service members will serve a one-year term of service.
A variety of positions are available to meet a diversity of professional interests and skills!
Select the position below that most interests you to be directed to a position description and application link. (Please note the application process is managed by the Corporation for National and Community Service so you will be routed to a separate web page.)
- Health Outreach VISTA Member - Join an exciting effort modeled after Stanford University’s chronic disease self-management program, supported by premiere healthcare partners. Plan events, market the program, engage partners and more!
- Healthy Schools Advisor VISTA Member - Join a team dedicated to strengthening nutrition education programs and fostering healthy school environments. Member will build support for school breakfast and farm-to-school programs.
- Ag & Society VISTA Member - Do you desire to help shape cutting-edge, team-based programming that serves those in need? Join us in advancing the Native American Beginning Farmer Rancher & Tribal Local Food development programs.
- Family Resource Management Extension Associate VISTA Member - Join a team dedicated to improving the financial health of economically disadvantaged South Dakotans! Develop or contribute to programs that improve personal and family financial knowledge.
- Ag & Society 4-H VISTA Member - Do you desire to help shape cutting-edge, team-based programming that serves those in need? Co-lead advancement of the Science of Ag Program and Life Skills Workforce Food Access Program!
- Gerontology VISTA Member - Join our team of gerontologists as we work to empower South Dakotans of all ages through research, education, and community outreach.
- SDSU Extension VISTA Leader - Already served a year in AmeriCorps or Peace Corps? Join a dynamic team to help lead and empower nine AC VISTAs to improve the health and wellness of disadvantaged South Dakotans.
- Tribal Local Foods VISTA Member - Design, promote, and evaluate opportunities to implement tribal local foods initiatives for South Dakotans living in persistent poverty.
- SDSU Grant Program VISTA Member - Never a dull moment in the College of Ag/Bio Grant Program Office! You’ll build capacity for research, learn grant writing & have ready access to The BEST Ice Cream – SDSU created Cookies & Cream.
- Local Food System Coordinator VISTA Member - Build the local foods system across South Dakota by increasing outreach, program delivery and education through the SD Specialty Producers Association, a state recognized nonprofit corporation.
Positions are currently open in Aberdeen, Lemmon, Mitchell, Sioux Falls, Watertown, Pierre and other South Dakota communities.
Who can Apply?
- AmeriCorps VISTA members must be 18 and over.
- AmeriCorps VISTA service is open to U.S. Citizens, U.S. Nationals, Lawful Permanent Residents and persons legally residing in a state that have one of the following legal residency classiﬁcations: refugee, asylum or asylee, or temporary protected status.
Questions can be directed to Aimee House Ladonski, SDSU Extension Volunteer Development Field Specialist at 605.782.3290; email@example.com