The Community Vitality team can provide customized training for your board. The team can analyze your board’s situation to determine what training might be appropriate to meet their specific development needs to help it effectively meet its goals and overcome its challenges.
- The role of board members
- Organizational responsibilities
- Conducting a board assessment
- Key rules of parliamentary procedures
- Preparation of board members for each meeting
- Principles of good governance and accountability
“Good presentation, direct and to the point. Made members aware of responsibilities and duties.”
– Hot Springs City Council Member
“3 duties of a board member, simple yet powerful.”
– West River Health Care Service Board Member
“Excellent information. Helped me understand the importance and duties/obligations to be an effective board member.”
– West River Health Care Service Board
If you have questions about this article contact Paul Thares (SDSU Extension Community Vitality Field Specialist) at the Lemmon Regional Center at 605.374.4177.