Marketing Hometown America empowers communities to create a vision to attract new residents. Designed as a tool to create dialogue that moves people toward action, the process can be the spark to help a rural community look at itself in a new way. Marketing Hometown America engages communities to gather a variety of ideas through a community kickoff event, four small-group gatherings and a large-group planning forum.
This program can help your community:
- Create a welcoming spirit to attract new residents
- Learn what new residents look for in a rural community
- Discover local assets that attract new residents
- Implement a marketing plan
“The Marketing Hometown America program has empowered citizens to engage in frank discussion regarding our communities. The process has allowed us to focus on the strengths of our towns and to promote the benefits of living in our area.”
– Lori Frederick, Lead, S.D.
“Marketing Hometown America showed us what is needed to make our town thrive. It helped us organize committed people to work together making a difference in our community.”
– Dave Anderson, President, Mount Vernon Economic Development Group
If you have questions about this article contact Kenneth Sherin (SDSU Extension Community Vitality Program Director) at the SDSU Extension Mitchell Regional Center at 605.995.7378.