Product Regulations for Local Foods Back »

USDA photo by Elvert Barnes.

Written by Sierra Blachford under the direction and review of Joan Hegerfeld-Baker (former SDSU Extension Food Safety Specialist) & Chris Zdorovtsov (former SDSU Extension Community Vitality Field Specialist).

Food safety regulations can come from the federal, state or local government. There are numerous regulatory agencies, applications, deadlines, and licenses that are required to sell some locally produced products. However, other products may require very few regulatory aspects. Review the specific products below for information on the regulatory topics related to specific products.

Non-Refrigerated Foods

Temperature-Controlled Foods

Types of Foodservice Licenses

Serving Samples at the Farmers Market

Pet Food & Live Animals

In addition a complete contact list for the state or federal regulatory agencies is available.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Sign Up For Email!