Types of Foodservice Licenses in South Dakota Back »

Written by Joan Hegerfeld-Baker (former SDSU Extension Food Safety Specialist).

Explore some of the regulatory aspects of licenses that a producer, vendor or market may need to apply for in order to sell a product that must be temperature controlled for safety. Farmers market vendors are exempt from licensing, unless they are selling a food that must be temperature controlled for safety.

Licensed kitchens, temporary food stands and mobile food stands are all different types of food service licenses that are granted by the South Dakota Department of Health. The product, goals and location of the food market will all help determine which license is necessary.

Refer to the following for more information on specific types of food licenses

The links above include information for operating in the City of Sioux as well as jurisdiction on Native American lands.

blog comments powered by Disqus

Sign Up For Email!