SDSU Extension and area partners will host the 18th Annual Precision Ag Conference in Aberdeen on February 27, 2018 at the Best Western Ramkota Hotel (1400 8th Avenue NW, Aberdeen, SD 57401).
This year's speakers include:
- Brad Carlson, University of Minnesota Extension
- Teddy Bekele, Vice President of Ag Technology, Land O'lakes, Inc. (Winfield United)
- Joel Kaczynski, General Manager at RDO Equipment Co.
- Laura Edwards, SDSU Extension State Climatologist
- Gared Shaffer, SDSU Extension Weeds Field Specialist
- 8:00 am Registration, trade show open
- 8:30 am John Deere and Blue River Technologies, Jacob Maurer, RDO Equipment
- 9:00 am Variable Rate Nitrogen- Based on What?, Brad Carlson, University of Minnesota Extension
- 10:00 am Break sponsored by Agtegra, trade show open
- 10:30 am Off-target movement- Is weather a big of deal?, Gared Shaffer and Laura Edwards, SDSU Extension
- 11:30 am Lunch with Secretary Mike Jaspers, trade show open
- 1:00 pm Is Digital The Future Of Ag?, Teddy Bekele, Winfield United
- 2:00 pm Break sponsored by The Climate Corporation, trade show open
- 2:30 pm Break out session #1
- 3:00 pm Break out session #2
- 3:30 pm Door prize drawings
The $35.00 registration fee includes lunch. Trade show exhibitors should contact Aaron Franzen with any questions. Trade show booths are available for $300, with a $20 optional lunch for employees.
2018 Planning Committee
- Gared Shaffer, SDSU Extension
- Laura Edwards, SDSU Extension
- Aaron Franzen, SDSU Agricultural & Biosystems Engineering