SDSU Extension will host the National Volunteer e-forum on October 5, November 2 and December 7 from 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm at DDN centers throughout South Dakota. Join us and get energized as you network with volunteers, county-based staff, and state specialists from across the country!
October 5, 2017 – 6:00-7:30 PM (CT): Cultivating an Environment for Growing True Leaders
Creating an environment where 4-H members feel safe as they grow and develop leadership skills means having volunteers who understand the basics of positive youth development. This session will feature ideas and activities that help foster life skill development by focusing on strategies for more effective club interactions. Participants will learn about the Essential Elements of 4-H and the 5 C’s of positive youth development, so join us to set the stage for more successful club meetings!
November 2, 2017 – 6:00-7:30 PM (CT): “STEM”ming into Animal Science, Growing True Leaders
Build on the roots of 4-H as we STEM our way into agriculture and animal science for experienced and new 4-H’ers. Gain resources to incorporate Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) leaders through traditional animal sciences project areas in communities. Volunteers will gain ideas for planning and organizing fun, educational sessions for youth.
December 7, 2017 – 6:00-7:30 PM (CT): Helping 4-H’ers Grow in Life & Work
In 4-H, all youth can explore their future. Club meetings, events, camps, and after-school programs are places to develop life skills and expand their interests through 4-H. During this session volunteers will share ideas, receive resources, and see a variety of successful programs that help youth focus on life-long learning, workforce readiness, and career exploration. Caring adults can help all young people make decisions and create their own positive future.
- SDSU Campus, Pugsley DDN room: 1057 8th St., Brookings, SD 57006
- SDSU Extension Aberdeen Regional Center: 13 Second Ave. SE, Aberdeen, SD 57401
- SDSU Extension Lemmon Regional Center: 408 Eighth St. W., Lemmon, SD 57638
- SDSU Extension Mitchell Regional Center: 1800 E. Spruce St., Mitchell, SD 57301
- SDSU Extension Pierre Regional Center: 412 W. Missouri Ave., Pierre, SD 57501
- SDSU Extension Sioux Falls Regional Center: 2001 E. Eighth St., Sioux Falls, SD 57103
- SDSU Extension Watertown Regional Center: 1910 W. Kemp Ave., Watertown, SD 57201
- SDSU Extension Winner Regional Center: 325 S. Monroe St., P.O. Box 270, Winner, SD 57580
- SDSU West River Ag Center: 1905 Plaza Blvd., Rapid City, SD 57702
Online registration is free and open until the dates listed for each event below. At least 5 people must be registered at a locations for the e-forum to be hosted at that site. Contact Audrey Rider, SDSU Extension Volunteer Development Field Specialist, for more information.