Annie’s Project is a six week risk management series that focuses on women involved in agriculture, learning about their evolving business and sharing life’s experiences with other women living and working in the same complex and dynamic environment.
A program will be held in Aberdeen at the SDSU Extension Regional Center (13 Second Avenue SE, Aberdeen, SD 57401) on June 19, 26, July 3, 10, 17, and 24 from 5:30 pm - 8:45 pm each evening.
- Family and You
- Introduction to Course
- Family Communications and Goals
- Women’s Health and Money
- Quicken Program
- Healthy Choices for the Family
- Marketing Crops and Livestock
- Discuss Futures Markets
- Develop Marketing Plans
- The Financial and Production Side of Business
- Developing & Understanding Financial Statements
- Production Topics of Interest
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Tools for Thought
- Farm Service Agency Programs
- Natural Resource Conservation Service Programs
- Crop and Pasture Insurance
Registration costs $150 and closes June 17. Supper will be provided each evening. Actual program cost is $225/participant, through generous donations the registration fee has been reduced. Register online using the form below. For more information about this event, contact Shannon Sand, SDSU Extension Livestock Business Management Field Specialist.