Better Choices, Better Health and SDSU Extension will host a workshop series starting on June 26 at 9 AM CDT at Sanford Family Medicine (600 N. Sycamore Ave., Sioux Falls, SD 57110).
Better Choices, Better Health© SD Chronic Pain Workshops (CPSMP) are designed to help adults living with chronic pain and caregivers manage physical and mental health wellness.
What You’ll Learn:
This workshop will teach you new ways to manage your chronic pain and ideas to help keep you motivated! Plus:
- Goal setting & problem solving
- Appropriate exercise for maintaining and improving strength, flexibility, & endurance
- Managing difficult emotions, fatigue, isolation, and poor sleep
- Appropriate use of medications
- Communicating with providers & family
- Relaxation techniques; pacing activity & rest
What You’ll Get:
Workshops are held once a week for 6 weeks. Each 2½ hour session is led by trained leaders who have chronic conditions themselves. Expect:
- Better overall health
- More energy & less fatigue
- More active lifestyle
- Less dependence on others & improved quality of life
- Increased confidence in managing your pain
- FREE book, relaxation CD & certificate of completion to share with your doctor!
Register online using the form below by July 4, 2018. For more information, contact Megan Jacobson, SDSU Extension Nutrition Field Specialist.