SDSU Extension will host the Forage Fiesta Field Day on August 24, 2017, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm at the Southeast Research Farm (29974 University Road, Beresford, SD 57004).
Driving directions to Southeast Research Farm: From I-29 take exit 47; take highway 46 west to Greenfield Road, turn south and travel 3 miles to 300th Street, then travel west 3 miles and turn north on University Road. The farm will be the first place on the east side of University Road. *Please be aware that there is currently road construction going on.
- 9:30 am Registration
- 10:00 am Welcome & Introductions
- 10:05 am When & How to Plant Forages
- 10:45 am Forage Variety Selection
- 11:30 am Harvest Manaagement and Forage Analysis
- 12:15 pm Lunch & Sponsor Networking
- 1:15 pm When to Graze What
- 1:45 pm Cover Crop Identification & Grazing Plots
- 2:15 pm View Alternative Forage Plots
- 2:45 pm Refreshment Break
- 3:00 pm Economics of Raising High Quality Forage, Crops, and Animals
- 3:30 pm Wrap up, questions, evaluation
Early registration is $20 and will end August 18. General registration begins August 19 and is $25. Meals and refreshments will be provided. For more information about this event, please contact a committee member:
Tracey Erickson, SDSU Extension Dairy Field Specialist
Karla Hernandez, SDSU Extension Forages Field Specialist
Sara Berg, SDSU Extension Agronomy Field Specialist
Taylor Grussing, SDSU Extension Cow/Calf Field Specialist.
General Sponsorship is available at $200. Included in the General Sponsorship package: your logo in the Field Day program and on our website; a flyer/handout in the Field Day packet; and one complimentary registration per workshop you sponsor.
Meal Sponsorship is available at $500. Included in the Meal Sponsorship package: your logo in the Field Day program and on our website; 3-5 minutes of speaking time at the event; a display at the event; a flyer/handout in the Field Day packet; one complimentary registration.