Implementing Technology for Farm and Family Success
Dairy producers along the I-29 region are invited to attend the “Implementing Technology for Farm and Family Success” tour of South Dakota and Iowa dairies on Monday, November 13, 2017. The tour is sponsored by the I-29 Moo University. The bus will leave the Denny Sanford Premier Center complex (1201 N. West Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104) at 9 a.m. and arrive back at 6:45 p.m. Please arrive around 8:45 a.m. to ensure prompt departure.
"These three dairies all have unique ways of implementing technology to insure the success of their farms and provide for the livelihoods of their families," said Fred M. Hall, ISU Extension dairy field specialist. It will be a great opportunity to see robotic milkers, on-farm processing and top-flight employee management plus be able to ask “nuts and bolts” questions.
This year a “Dutch-treat” social at Remedy Brewing Company in downtown Sioux Falls will be available after the group returns to Sioux Falls. Remedy Brewing Company proudly supports Stensland Family Farms by offering their delicious ice cream to complement their Remedy cookies! The bus will return to the Denny Sanford Premier Center at 9:00 p.m.
- 9:00 am: Pick up at Denny Sanford Premier Center complex in Sioux Falls, SD (1201 N. West Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104)
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am: Transit to Cottonwood Ridge Dairy (Garretson, SD)
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am: Tour Cottonwood
- 11:30 am – 12:15 pm: Transit to Pizza Ranch (Rock Rapids, IA)
- 12:15 am – 1:15 pm: Lunch at Pizza Ranch
- 1:15 pm – 1:30 pm: Transit to Multi-Rose Dairy (Rock Rapids, IA)
- 1:30 pm – 3:30 pm: Tour Multi-Rose Family Farm
- 3:30 pm – 4:00 pm: Transit to Stensland Dairy (Larchwood, IA)
- 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Tour Stensland Dairy
- 6:00 pm – 6:45 pm: Transit to Convention Center (1201 N. West Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104)
- 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm: Social at Remedy Brewing Company (401 E 8th St #120, Sioux Falls, SD 57103)
- 9:00 pm: Return to Denny Sanford Premier Center complex
For more information, contact a state I-29 member:
- Iowa– Fred M. Hall (712.737.4230) or Leo Timms (515.291.7371)
- Nebraska– Kim Clark (402.472.6065) or Robert Tigner (308.345.3390)
- South Dakota– Heidi Carroll (605.688.6623) or Tracey Erickson (605.882.5140)
- Minnesota– Jim Salfer (320.203.6093)
Register early to receive the discounted $75.00 registration rate. After November 1, registration will increase to $85. Your registration fee covers transportation, lunch and refreshments. Registration is $40 for students and media. The South Dakota Dairy Producers Association (SDDP), Nebraska State Dairy Association (NSDA) and Western Iowa Dairy Association (WIDA) will cover ONE ticket from a member farm. Iowa State Dairy Association (ISDA), will cover $10 of ONE ticket from a member farm.
If you are purchasing more than one ticket and are a member of these associations, please select one (1) ticket for the member organization ticket type and then choose ‘Participant early registration’ ticket type for the additional number of tickets you need.
I-29 Moo University Sponsors
Mycogen Seeds/Dow; Cropland/Land-O-Lakes; Connor Agriscience; Nebraska Harvestore Systems, Inc
Central Confinement Services (CCS); Dells Veterinary Services; Phibro Animal Health; Alforex Seeds; AWS, LLC; Phielo LeSaffre Animal Care; SoyBest; Select Sires; Arm & Hammer/Church & Dwight; AgCountry; Farm Credit Services of America; Quality Liquid Feeds (QLF); Agropur
AGP; Zinpro; Kroese & Kroese, PC; POET Nutrition; Advanced Comfort Technology/DC Waterbeds; ProAg Engineering; Deluxe Feeds; Feed Components; Iowa Beef Industry Council; Pipestone Veterinary Services, Western Iowa Dairy Association (WIDA)