SDSU Extension will host livestock and agronomy meetings in Wall on Aug. 23rd at 6 PM MDT at the Wall Community Center (501 Main St., Wall, SD)
- Creep feeding, managing livestock herds and feeding during drought;
- Management and utilization considerations for drought-stressed crops and annual forage options;
- Economic resources in the form of budget calculators and other tools;
- Weather outlook for the remainder of the growing season;
- Range management during drought;
- Information on federal assistance through the United States Department of Agriculture Farm Service Agency (USDA-FSA).
Additional SDSU Extension staff will be on hand to address other topics of interest to producers.
Free testing available
Producers with concerns about nitrates in forages or water quality concerns are encouraged to bring samples in to be tested for livestock suitability during the meeting.