SDSU Extension will host the Power of Women as AgVocates Conference on January 19-20, 2018 at the AmericInn Lodge & Suites, Fort Pierre, SD.
This conference is designed for women to learn about the "The Power of Advocating for You, Your Family, Business and Industry". The conference will be filled with networking, learning and growing for women involved in agriculture.
Friday, January 19
- 5:30 pm Register @ AmericInn Convention Center
- 6:30 pm Supper
- 7:30 pm Advocating for You – Vona Johnson
Saturday, January 20
- 8:00 am Registration
- 8:30 am The State of the Union: Perceptions of Agriculture and Priorities to Bridge the Gap of Misunderstanding – Sarah Wilson
- Finding our CommonGround – Teresa Dvorak and Sarah Wilson
- Breakout Sessions:
- Session 1: Sharing the Local Ag Love – Sarah Wilson
- Session 2: This one’s for all the Farm Girls – Teresa Dvorak
- Session 3: Developing relationships with local/regional media – Katie Pinke
- Industry Panel – Hot to Get Involved
- 12:00 pm Lunch
- Debunking the Myths of Agriculture – Teresa Dvorak and Katie Pinke
- Accepting Interruptions – Katie Pinke
- 3:00 pm Wrap Up
There is a block of rooms availalbe under SDSU Extension at AmericInn Lodge and Suites, Fort Pierre (605.223.2358). The room rate is $91.00 plus tax. Rooms must be reserved by January 5 to receive the block rate.
Register online using the form below by January 5, 2018. Contact Robin Salverson, SDSU Extension Cow/Calf Field Specialist, for more information.