The SD Master Gardener Association and SDSU Extension will be hosting 3 workshops across South Dakota in March and April. Join us at a workshop location near you for a fun and interactive day where you can see fellow Master Gardeners from other clubs, share resources, and listen to presentations that will provide you with the tools to do your best work!
The content will be the same for each workshop so choose the one nearest you if you’re interested! All presentations will count as continuing education.
Who should attend?
All SDSU Extension Master Gardeners, Master Gardener Interns, or Master Gardener Trainees are welcome! If you have had a lapse in Master Gardener service but were hoping to re-engage, you are also welcome to attend and staff will be on hand to provide you with specifics on formally getting re-engaged. This effort will replace the Master Gardener (MG) President’s luncheon so MG club officers are strongly encouraged to attend if possible.
- 10:00 am Welcome and Introductions
- 10:15 am Resources available to EMG's
- Webpage Demo
- 11:15 am Helpful Resources for Clubs
- 11:30 am Using Social Media Effectively
- 12:00 pm Lunch Break On Site – SDMG Association Updates
- 12:45 pm Greetings from SDSU Extension Leaders
- 1:00 pm Volunteer Reporting System
- How do I report this?
- Program Policy Guide and Review of Standards
- 1:45 pm Answers to Common Horticulture Questions
- Resources for Plant Diagnostics
- Using ‘Ask An Expert’
- 2:20 pm How to Recruit and Retain Master Gardeners
- 2:45 pm Break
- 3:00 pm Soil Health: What’s below the surface?
- 3:45 pm Closing Session
- Future opportunities
- Door-prize drawings
- 4:00 pm Adjourn
This event is $10 and includes lunch. Participants are encouraged to register a week in advance of the event to ensure lunch will be provided. For more information, contact Aimee Ladonski, SDSU Extension Volunteer Development Field Specialist.
If you would like to pay by check, select the number of tickets, use the 'Show other payment options' link and use the 'Pau Offline' button. Checks should be payable to iGrow and mailed to iGrow, SAG 217, Box 2207, SDSU, Brookings, SD 57007.