South Dakota Master Gardeners Association
Earl Dailey Memorial Endowment Grant
SDSU Extension Master Gardeners across the state of South Dakota are encouraged to apply for the South Dakota Master Gardeners Association Earl Dailey Memorial Endowment Grant. The purpose of these grants is to enhance gardening education and experiences.
- Grant Categories: There are two types of grants, Project Grants and Professional Improvement Grants.
- Due Date: Applications for funding consideration are due to David Graper on or before March 24, 2017.
- Broad educational impact
- Cost effectiveness – bang for the buck
- Number of partners involved – financial, in-kind
- Number of people involved/diversity of groups reached with education
- Quality of application
- Long-term impact
- *Active Master Gardener applicant involvement
- Visibility of project/publicity potential
- Likelihood of success/viability of project
- (Preference will be given to new applications from an individual, vs. repeat applications)
Professional Improvement Grant
- Produce broad educational impact
- A plan for sharing information
- Diversity of groups reached
- Quality of application
- Impact for community
- Publicity potential
- *Active Master Gardener applicant
- Preference will be given to new applications from an individual, vs. repeat applications
*An active MG is one who has submitted at least minimum qualifying hours in the previous year.
The SDMG Board has allocated $2000 to award for grants this year; please keep this in mind as you set your budget and make your requests. The number of requests in the past has varied from 6-14. The amounts dispersed over the past five years have ranged from $1300 to $2500. Total amounts requested have ranged from $1800 - $9000. The SDMG Board has determined that Master Gardeners applying for the grants be active Master Gardeners. This means that your volunteer hours for 2016 must be submitted. All South Dakota Master Gardeners are encouraged to submit their volunteer hours in a timely fashion so as to remain in “active” status in SDSU Extension’s database.
Please visit the links to relevant documents for further information on applying. You are encouraged to read the evaluation criteria that applies to the grant for which you are applying as the Endowment Grant Committee will use it to evaluate your grant. The committee realizes that not all applications will meet all criteria, but by addressing the criteria as closely as possible your chance of success and funding are improved. Good luck!