Providing care to a friend or family member with a disability is both rewarding and challenging at the same time. SDSU Extension has compiled these resources about caring for oneself as you provide care to a friend or loved one with a disability.
South Dakota Resources:
- Caregivers by Active Generations
- South Dakota Alzheimer’s Association
- South Dakota Caregiver Resources
Evaluating the person providing care to an adult or child with a disability:
- Caregiver Stress Checklist
- Caregiver Self-assessment Questionnaire: How are you?
- Veteran Caregiver Self-assessment Worksheet
Whether a caregiver feels overwhelmed or not, they should engage in self-care behaviors. By taking care of yourself you will be better equipped to care for your friend or loved one.
Please review the resources below for more information:
- Better Choices, Better Health® South Dakota!
- Taking Care of You
- Care for the Family Caregiver: A place to start
- Support for Cancer Caregivers: Caring for the Caregiver
Disclaimer: The preceding is presented for informational purposes only. SDSU Extension does not endorse the services, methods or products described herein, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding them.