As loved ones age, we may have concerns about their safety of our older loved ones behind the wheel. SDSU Extension has pulled together a wide array of resources on the subject to help you determine the safety of your loved one to drive. Please read Driving Cessation to learn strategies to discuss safe driving with loved ones.
Resources for Older Drivers and Their Families
- Age Page: Older Drivers
- How Aging Affects Driving
- Aging and Driving: Safety Tips and Warning Signs for Older Drivers
- CDC: Older Adult Drivers
- Driving Safely While Aging Gracefully
- AARP Smart Driver Program
- Older Road Users
- Community Transportation Association
- University of Michigan, Transportation Research Institute: Driving Decisions Workbook
Disclaimer: The preceding is presented for informational purposes only. SDSU Extension does not endorse the services, methods or products described herein, and makes no representations or warranties of any kind regarding them.