South Dakotans express a desire to remain in their own home or the home of a family member for as long as they can. With special planning at the initial purchase of a home or modification of an existing home, a person can remain in the home safer for a longer period of time as they age. SDSU Extension compiled these resources to help.
- NDSU Extension Livable Homes
- Home Safety for People with Alzheimer’s Disease
- Fact Sheet: Home Modification
- Fact Sheet: Home Modification to Promote Independent Living
- Video: Carol’s Home Modifications
- Home Repairs: South Dakota
- Center for Universal Design (CUD)
Disclaimer: SDSU Extension is not endorsing any product or service provided as resources on this page. In addition, SDSU Extension is not responsible for the content of any web page not specifically hosted by iGrow. By accessing this website, full responsibility falls to the user for how the provided information is used.