Written by Carrie Johnson (former SDSU Extension Family Resource Management Specialist).
Payment and affordability calculators provide an estimation of how much your monthly payments will be and what you are able to pay monthly based on your current salary. These calculators will not give you final numbers, but can give you estimations before making a large purchase to be a more informed consumer.
- How Much Car Can You Afford (VISA): Use this calculator to know what price range to look in when shopping for a car.
- Affordability Calculator (Zillow): Use this calculator to determine how much house you can afford. By entering details about your income, down payment, and monthly debts, you can estimate the mortgage amount that works with your budget.
- How Much House Can I Afford? (Bankrate): Thinking of buying a house? Use this calculator to determine how much mortgage you can afford. Simply fill out the fields and click calculate, the calculator will then analyze your monthly income, expenses, and future property taxes and insurance to estimate the mortgage amount that would best fit your budget.
- Cost of Credit (Bankrate): Calculate the true cost of paying just the minimum balance every month on your credit card.
- How Much Will Your Loan Really Cost? (VISA): This calculator will help you comparison shop for loans when you are making a large purchase.
- Mortgage Payments (Bankrate): This calculator will show you how much your monthly payment will be. It can also show the effect of adding extra payments.
- Balance Transfer Calculator (Bankrate): This calculator allows you to see when your debt will be paid off if you transfer credit card balances to a new card.
- Loan Calculator (Bankrate): This calculator will help you determine the monthly paymens of a loan. Simply enter the loan amount, term and interest rate in the fields. This calculator can be used for mortgage, auto, and or any other fixed loan types.