During warm weather, it is especially important to take extra precautions and practice safe food handling when preparing perishable foods such as meat, poultry, seafood and egg products. The warmer weather conditions may be ideal for outdoor picnics and barbecues, but they also provide a perfect environment for bacteria and other pathogens in food to multiply rapidly and cause foodborne illness.
- Summertime Food Safety
- Deep Fat Frying Turkeys
- Coolers FAQs
- Plan for Safe Food and Drinking Water while Boating, Hiking and Backpacking
- Take Your Food Thermometer Camping: Part 1
- Take Your Food Thermometer Camping: Part 2
- Getting Ready for Grilling Season
- Grilling Tips: Don’t Ruin Your Ribeye!
- Meat and Poultry Hotline 1.888.674.6854
- AnswerLine 1.888.393.6336