KidQuest is a school based nutrition and physical activity program designed especially for pre-adolescents in the 5th and 6th grade. Youth engaged in KidQuest build skills in making healthier lifestyle choices through eight different nutrition lessons.
- Lesson 1: MyPlate and Portion Sizes
- Lesson 2: Label Lingo and Snacks
- Lesson 3: Think Your Drink
- Lesson 4: Eating Out
- Lesson 5: Fruits and Veggies
- Lesson 6: Dairy
- Lesson 7: Grains and Breakfast
- Lesson 8: Media Messages
Each lesson is supported by educational presentations including hands on group activities, activity supplements, healthy homework, and physical activity lessons. The Leader’s Guide provides an outline for implementation, evaluation tools, surveys, and national education content standards. Click the image below to view additional information including national standards met and a sample lesson plan.
Purchasing the Curriculum
You can purchase the KidQuest Curriculum for $30.00 through the iGrow Store. With your purchase you will receive an electronic copy of the Leader’s Guide, presentations, activity supplements, and healthy homework. Once you have placed your order and completed the checkout process, the files will be available for download within 2 business days. Please visit the iGrow Store for more detailed information about purchase as well as training videos to facilitate program preparation.
Comments from Participants
- “My students looked forward to the KidQuest team coming into our classroom. They were interested and engaged in all areas of the lessons.” - 5th Grade Teacher
- “We went out to eat recently and my son told me all about the fat in some of the items and said we should pick something healthier.” - 5th Grade Parent
- “It is such a great curriculum! I can tell a Mom created it because of how much kids enjoy it.” - Linda Quade, EFNEP/FNP Nutrition Assistant with SDSU Extension