Pick It, Try It, Like It materials are filled with tips for selecting, exploring, and cooking a wide variety of fruits and vegetables. Factual information complements simple, healthy, and tested recipes. Colorful fact sheets, recipe cards, and educational videos provide educators and families with fun, engaging tools to enhance any dietary curriculum!
About the Program
Pick It, Try It, Like It was developed in partnership with SD Harvest of the Month. This resource is included in the USDA SNAP-Ed Strategies & Interventions: An Obesity Prevention Toolkit for States. The toolkit is a compilation of evidence-based policy, systems, and environmental change tools for child care, school, community and family settings. Newly developed materials include traditional Native American produce.
How should Pick It! Try It! Like It! be used?
- Classroom – The easy to read information and instructional videos are great tools to engage upper elementary school youth
- Home – Recipe cards are included for each fruit and vegetable.
- Grocery Store/Farmers’ Markets – Display recipe cards in produce areas for consumer education. Shoppers can access these materials from anywhere with a smartphone.
- Displays/Sampling – Demonstrators download instructions from a zipped folder of sampling instructions for use when setting up displays.
- Community Programs – Used by local food councils in monthly promotions.
Contact Karlys Wells for more information about this program.